4/11/12

George Zimmerman To Be Charged

Thank You Jesus!
It's been over a month since Trayvon Martin was shot and killed as he walked home from a quick trip to the store, and after rallies, marches, protests, letters, blogs, and a cry of outrage from the public, his killer George Zimmerman will be charged with his death.



According to the Washington Post, special prosecutor Angela Cory is planning on announcing that Zimmerman will face charges on the death of Trayvon, though they didn’t specify as to what exact charges he would be facing. She told reporters yesterday that she’s planning on making an announcement within 24 hours. Zimmerman has always said that he shot Trayvon in self-defense, even though he armed himself and followed the 17-year-old – which police officers told him not to do – initiated a confrontation which turned physical and resulted in murder. Trayvon was unarmed and running from Zimmerman, but Zimmerman claimed he was acting under the ‘stand your ground’ law that’s upheld in Florida.
This news of him being charged comes just a day after Zimmerman’s lawyers Craig Sonner and Hal Uhrig made a statement saying they’re no longer working with him because they’ve “lost contact” with their client and that they’ve had no contact with him since Sunday. For some reason, Zimmerman wasn’t returning their phone calls but called prosecutor Corey’s office and FOX TV host Sean Hannity without telling them first. The prosecutor wouldn’t talk to him without his lawyers and the TV host wouldn’t tell the lawyers what Zimmerman said. Without giving up where he’s hiding, his ex-lawyers admitted Zimmerman has long moved out of Florida but they don’t know where he is, and that they are concerned with his physical, emotional, and mental state. It’s funny that even though they dropped him as a client, they still stand by the fact that Zimmerman acted in self-defense, but did say they are forming that opinion without actually meeting Zimmerman face-to-face.
Also, Zimmerman started a website so that he could pull in donations to help pay for personal and legal fees, but the lawyers say that the PayPal account he’s got linked to it isn’t the PayPal account that they set up for him, so they’re not seeing any of that money. On the website George wrote:
I am the real George Zimmerman,    On Sunday February 26th, I was involved in a life altering event which led me to become the subject of intense media coverage. As a result of the incident and subsequent media coverage, I have been forced to leave my home, my school, my employer, my family and ultimately, my entire life. This website’s sole purpose is to ensure my supporters they are receiving my full attention without any intermediaries.
    It has come to my attention that some persons and/or entities have been collecting funds, thinly veiled as my “Defense Fund” or “Legal Fund”. I cannot attest to the validity of these other websites as I have not received any funds collected, intended to support my family and I through this trying, tragic time.
    I have created a Paypal account solely linked on this website as I would like to provide an avenue to thank my supporters personally and ensure that any funds provided are used only for living expenses and legal defense, in lieu of my forced inability to maintain employment. I will also personally, maintain accountability of all funds received. I reassure you, every donation is appreciated.
Sincerely,
George Zimmerman

The Facts
“People have a right to their own opinions, but not to their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight” – James W. Loewen
I am grateful to my friends that have come to my aid, whether publicly or personally, never questioning my integrity or actions, understanding that I cannot discuss the details of the event on February 26th, and allowing law enforcement to proceed with their investigation unhindered.  Once again, I thank you for your patience and I assure you, the facts will come to light.
My Race
“The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.” – Thomas Paine


Source: Necole Bitchie.com 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management