4/26/12

Brandy Talks Falling In Love With Boys II Men’s Wayna, Faux Marriage & Tragic Accident On VH1′s Behind The Music


Last night, VH1 aired a revealing segment of VH1′s ‘Behind The Music’ featuring Brandy. During the hour long special, Brandy went into great detail about having to lie about her love life twice in her career, suffering from an eating disorder and her unfortunate involvement in a car crash that left a mother of two dead on a Los Angeles highway. Brandy didn’t hold much back as she revealed how she first linked up with Boyz II Men for a tour during which she fell in love with member Wanya Morris. After the two started dating, she shared her secret with management and was told the two couldn’t date publicly because he was older and it wasn’t consistent with her image. This led Brandy down a lonely, broken-hearted road that eventually became the inspiration for her sophomore album (and best album to date) ‘Never Say Never’.
Brandy went on to detail her relationship with producer Robert Smith before she got pregnant and had to lie to the public about being married to preserve her good girl image. She said that him going on Wendy Williams’ radio show and spilling the beans that it was all a lie in 2004 was a brutal blow to her, but now today she doesn’t wish it went any other way. One thing she does regret, however, was the unfortunate car crash and she detailed the effects it has had on her life and her career as well as people who taunt her about it on a daily basis.
Check out the excerpts below, plus watch the full episode below
On getting the call from Wayna Morris of Boyz II Men (who invited her on tour) 
I was like, “Wanya as in Wayna Morris of Boyz II Men is calling on this phone, really?” So we met, and of course as a 15-year-old I’m looking up at him like, “Oh, my God is this really happening?”
On falling in love with Wanya but couldn’t tell anyone
I’m just in love with somebody but can’t tell them. Too young to tell him. I can’t really tell my mom because she’ll have a heart attack as a mother and manager. What will I do?
One day I got the courage to tell Wanya how I felt. I just told him that I loved him and thanked him for making me feel the way I feel because I had never felt that way before. He was just like, ‘Wow.’ The relationship took a transition, and we became a couple. I was on a high. It was love. It was real love.
On telling her management that she was dating Wanya
Immediately everything was about my career. What are you teaching young girls? Do they fall in love at a young age? Is that wrong? Is that a sin? It just made me feel like I was all by myself and that whatever I’m feeling personally is going to have to be put to the side.
[ --they had to keep their relationship a secret. For 2 years they carried on an intense secret relationship. She couldn’t hold hands, give a smooch or anything the people our age dating would normally do.]
On breaking up with Wayna
He fell in love with someone else. The worst feeling is to be in love all by yourself. That feels f*cked up, honestly. It does and that’s the only way I can really put it. It felt like somebody had completely taken my heart out of my body and just crushed it.
On created the Never Say Never album after her break-up with Wanya
It wasn’t about just getting great songs and riding the charts. It was I need to get some sh*t off my chest. It was me really coming into my own and not being afraid to be vulnerable. Not be afraid to sing what I felt for real.
On breaking the news to her family she was pregnant by Robert Smith after they had been dating a whileThat was something that was not okay for the Brandy brand. That wasn’t cool. I was raised with the Christian foundation that it’s a sin to get pregnant out of wedlock, that’s not allowed so I was scared. I didn’t know what to do.
Everybody around me is trying to force me to get married and so I said, “Why don’t I just say I’m married? Because I don’t want to get married. So why don’t I just say it.” It was the biggest mistake I had ever made.

Brandy on Robert outing her on Wendy Williams and revealing that they were never married

If I was woman enough to lay down and get pregnant by someone then I should’ve been woman enough to admit that that’s what took place. I’m telling my team and everybody around me I have to say I’m sorry. “No, no, no you can’t say that you’re sorry. We have to twist this and turn it. Although, at the time I wished that he would’ve taken a different approach but I’m glad he didn’t looking back because to be able to tell that truth and to now live that truth with a beautiful daughter at my hip, I feel much better about myself that I can come clean and say ’I was afraid. I was scared. I was lost. I didn’t know what to do.”
The lie about being married was the fall of my career. Everything changed. Everything changed.

On her involvement in a tragic car accident

The day the accident happened it was just a gloomy, gloomy day. Something wasn’t right in the air. I was just driving home, and it happened. It was a blur, and it was one of those experiences that you wish would never happen to anybody. But it did, and it was one of the worst times in my life.
Someone lost their life and now everyone is saying that I’m the one to blame. Regardless if it was my fault or not my fault, I was involved in something that caused someone their life. Whoever’s fault it was, I was in it.
I would hear what people would say and still to this day people know that that’s a button. They know that they can call me a murderer or call me someone that killed someone. They know that that is a button for me. A murderer is someone who premeditates it. I didn’t wake up that day to be involved in a fatal car crash. I didn’t plan for that, and if I could take it back I would.
[--In December of 2007 after a year long investigation prosecutors found that it was insufficient evidence to charge Brandy with any crimes.]
I just wanted people to know that this wasn’t news. It’s not something that should be talked about like it’s gossip. If you don’t like me, fine. But don’t use this situation to try to hurt me because the guilt of being involved is enough and it’s something that I will never truly, truly get over ever.


props:  Necole Bitchie.com 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management