3/14/12

Photos x Article: Drake does GQ + Dishes Out His Opinion on Past Promiscuity


                              Check out  more pics from Drake's cover shot for "GQ" and  deets from his interview 

Drake (along with actors Dave Franco James Lassiter on 2 other covers) covers the latest issue of GQ magazine for its first ever STYLE BIBLE.  And he's revealing a number of interesting things from music to sex. Drake shows what rules to break when it comes to unleashing the power of your own power suit. And also shares his feelings on women, today’s generation of rappers, and influences for his music.  Here are the highlights:- via theybf.com
On the new generation of rappers...
“Rap now is just being young an fly and having your shit together. The mood of rap has changed.”
On finding influences for his songwriting...
“I’m trying to find the same feelings that I had for women when I had very little going on, which is tough. When I was in my mom’s house, I had nowhere to go, no real obligations. My girlfriend at the time, if she was mad at me, my day was all fucked-up. I didn’t have anything else. And that made for some of the best music, I think, to date. Records where I felt small. ...It’s really difficult for me to find something that makes me feel small.”
On past promiscuity...
“There’s just a time where it was like, just getting pussy. Where I was in that sort of ‘I’m young, I’m going to disconnect from my emotions and just do what everyone else tells me I should do and just a be a rapper and have my fun.’ And for me as a person, it just doesn’t work. The seconds after a man reaches climax, that’s the realest moment of your life. If I don’t want you next to me in that fifteen, twenty seconds, then there’s something wrong.”
On his bad boy persona...
“I’m mischievous, but I’m calculated.”

Read the full article here.  The issue hits stands March 20th.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management