3/7/12

Lala Talks Trust In Her Marriage, Success And Insecurities With Latina Magazine


Lala Anthony gets fun and vibrant for the April 2012 issue of Latina magazine. Inside the issue, the radio turned TV personality speaks candidly on her marriage with Knicks star Carmelo Anthony and why she is able to trust him despite rumors of infidely, as well as maintaining her confidence and building her brand.-via NB 
Check out excerpts and photos from the spread below:
On how she and Carmelo have lasted 8 years
It’s been 15 days since I’ve seen my husband. That’s a long time for us to go without seeing each other. But I went on this whirlwind of launching the makeup line and my husband’s a basketball player. It’s not like he can say, ‘Hey, I’m not playing in the game today, I’m going to meet up with my wife somewhere.’ We’ve been together for eight years and I think we’ve lasted this long because we give each other space. But there’s also that time where it can be too much space.
On why she is able to trust Carmelo and if there’s a misconception surrounding athletes being unfaithful
I wouldn’t say it’s a misconception, because there are a lot of athletes who do live a certain life with women everywhere. So you can’t act like it’s the craziest thing you’ve ever heard, because it is out there. But I’m secure in my relationship. I’m happy with having my own thing going on. I don’t spend all day worrying about what he’s doing. In that sense, I trust him.
On not being satisfied
I’m never satisfied—career-wise, I mean—I’m always looking for the next thing; that’s just my personality. Why can’t I be a great mom, wife, TV host, actress, producer, have my own reality show and makeup line? The hard part is the balancing of it all.
On advice she has for other women 
Tap into your uniquenessss – “I encourage people to embrace whatever it is that makes them different. Not being like everybody, setting your own trends, being your own person, that’s what
makes you cool.
On how she is able to deal with her insecurities
In this day and age, [people will] tear you to hell: ‘Her hair, her legs, her this, her that.’ So it is sometimes hard to stay as confident as you like. I’m just like anybody else. Weight goes up and down, sometimes I’m killing myself to be on a crazy diet, sometimes I’m not. Sometimes I feel like my legs are too skinny, other times I don’t. As you get more mature you learn to embrace insecurities and figure out how to be okay with that stuff, to keep it in perspective.
On her support system
My family always encouraged me and supported me. While still a teenager, I told my mom one day I was moving to L.A. She was like, ‘All right, I’ll go with you, get you settled and come back.’ If I didn’t have that I wouldn’t be confident to do all these things.




You can catch Lala on ‘Lala Full Court Life’ when it premiers March 19th on VH1 at 9pm.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management