3/28/12

Amandla Stenberg, Hunger Games Star, Responds to Racist Tweets


Amandla Stenberg, the 13-year old actress who plays Rue in The Hunger Games, has spoken out on the unexpected, ignorant, racist controversy that has somehow enveloped her beloved character.
Rue in The Hunger Games
In response to posts on Twitter that dared to wonder why Rue was portrayed by an African-American on screen - one actually wrote: "Why did the producer make all the good characters black?" - Stenberg has taken the mature road and released a statement that reads:
"As a fan of the books, I feel fortunate to be part of The Hunger Games family. It was an amazing experience; I am proud of the film and my performance. I want to thank all of my fans and the entire Hunger Games community for their support and loyalty."


props: thg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management