1/2/12

French Montana talks Beef with Jim Jones, The Bad Boy Curse & More

Complex caught up with French Montana for a Who Is French Montana? article. In the piece, French touches on several topics. Below is a excerpt of the interview which include subject matters as his long standing beef with Jim Jones, his former deal with Akon & whether he will fall under the Bad Boy “curse”.

Last year, you had a pretty public beef with Jim Jones. Is that dead now or is there still a little animosity there?

Nah. I’m getting money and he’s getting money. [The situation involving the hit on my head] had nothing to do with Jim Jones.

You were signed to Akon’s Konvict Music label for a while. What ever happened with that?

Akon tried to help me out. He gave me a shopping deal. A shopping deal is when an artist takes a liking in you, and they try to take you to a label to get you signed. I was gonna go get signed to his label, but they were going through problems with Interscope, Akon’s label over there. [As a result], my deal was over with him, so I went and did my own thing.

It’s been rumored time and time again that Bad Boy artists don’t always have the best of luck. Did you have any reservations about signing to the label?

Of course [I had my reservations about signing to Bad Boy based off their reputation]. Anybody would. That would just be the obvious. My new thing is, I don’t judge my relationship on everything that came before me or after. I’m gonna judge you on how you and me do business. I feel like, a person will only do something to you that you’ll allow him to. I don’t understand how somebody can jerk you [on a deal], and you looking at the contract the same way they looking at it. I think everything is going to be straight. I think I have a good team and good management, shout-out to Mizay [Entertainment]. I got Ross with me, Diddy with me, and the whole Coke Boys, Chinx Drugz, Flip—we got a powerful team. I don’t think one person can stop that.

For more, head on over to Complex.

Props: Complex/57thAve

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management