12/27/11

The Real ‘Aunt Viv’ Refuses To Do Fresh Prince Reunion





‘I Will Never Do Anything With An A**hole Like Will Smith'
Last week the original cast members of ‘Fresh Prince of Bel Air’ had one big loving reunion as they caught up with one another at Karyn Parsons ‘Sweet Blackberry’ charity event. Missing in action from the festivities per usual was the first ‘Aunt Viv’ that was played by actress Janet Hubert. Over the years, she has been very open about her distaste in Will Smith and even aired him out on a recent TV One segment where she said, ‘If you wanted me to kiss your ass then you had to have put it in my contract. No, I will not come to your dressing room and dance! I’m not a groupie, I’m a grown mature 38 year old woman.’TMZ recently caught up with Janet to find out why she was not present at the recent charity event and she said,“There will never be a reunion … as I will never do anything with an a**hole like Will Smith. He is still an egomaniac and has not grown up. This constant reunion thing will never ever happen in my lifetime unless there is an apology, which he doesn’t know the word.”According to TMZ, Janet believes Will Smith was to blame for her unexpected 1993 dismissal. Janet also believes that the reason she was fired is because she wouldn’t suck up to Will.However, despite the claims, Will Smith disagreed saying she was dismissed due to her feisty attitude.“[Hubert] said once, ‘I’ve been in the business for 10 years and this snotty-nosed punk comes along and gets a show.’ No matter what, to her I’m just the AntiChrist.”In a 1996 issue of Ebony, he also revealed that he was bothered that Janet thought he was the reason she was let go from the show.That wasn’t me. Janet Hubert-Whitten was an incredible actress. She brought so much spirit and fun and warmth to The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. She made that set a home. She was really special. Of course, there was pain in her not returning to the show and all that but then there was the thing that she thought it was me. That kind of irritated me a little bit, but people will make their own beds, and they are going to have to sleep in them. I didn’t have anything to do with it. She just never believed that. I think the show suffered with the loss of Janet Hubert-Whitten.Dang! Talk about holding a grudge.Read more: The Real ‘Aunt Viv’ Refuses To Do Fresh Prince Reunion: ‘I Will Never Do Anything With An A**hole Like Will Smith’ Necole Bitchie.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management